Wednesday, September 23, 2015

2015 September 23 - Morning Manna

And the LORD appeared to Solomon by night, and said unto him, I have heard thy prayer, and have chosen this place to myself for an house of sacrifice. If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people; If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
(2 Chronicles 7:12-14)

Today's Morsel: The Encarta dictionary defines a sacrifice as the giving up of something valuable or important for somebody or something else considered to be of more value or of importance. Are you willing to give yourself away so Jesus can use you?  Paul said that we should present our bodies as living sacrifices (Romans 12:1-2); and he said to offer unto God the sacrifices of praise continually with the fruit of our lips giving thanks unto his name (Hebrews 13:15).  When Solomon finished dedicating the temple, the Lord told him, "I have heard thy prayer, and have chosen this place to myself for an house of sacrifice."  God chose it as a house of sacrifice to Himself because God was pleased with it.  When we live our lives holy and set apart from this world, God will be well pleased with us and will choose us to be a house of sacrifice to Himself.  We will only choose to present ourselves as a living sacrifice to Him if we believe that He is higher and of more value than we are.

Sing: Lord prepare me, to be a sanctuary; pure and holy, tried and true; with thanksgiving, I'll be a living, sanctuary for You.

Thought for Today: "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God"  (Apostle Paul; Romans 12:1-2)

No comments:

Post a Comment