Friday, September 18, 2015

2015 September 18 - Morning Manna

Therefore I will look unto the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation: my God will hear me. Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me. I will bear the indignation of the LORD, because I have sinned against him, until he plead my cause, and execute judgment for me: he will bring me forth to the light, and I shall behold his righteousness. (Micah 7:7-9)

Today's Morsel:  One of the things you learn about how to fly a kite is that you have to run into the wind to get it to lift up to fly.  We must remember this same concept as Christians when it relates to our trails, troubles, and unwanted circumstances.  If you run into them with your arms lifted in praise to God, you'll overcome them quicker.  But if we run away or flee from them, we will never overcome them.  Micah encourages us to tell our enemies to not rejoice over us when we fall, because we shall rise.  "Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me."  Always remember, kites rise against, not with the wind.  Your trials are meant to strengthen you and lift you higher in Christ, they are not meant to defeat you or beat you down.

Sing: I can run through a troop and leap over a wall, Hallelujah! Hallelujah; I can run through a troop and leap over a wall, Hallelujah! Hallelujah;  Well, He's my Rock and my salvation, in Him there is no condemnation, I can run through a troop and leap over a wall, Hallelujah! Hallelujah.

Thought for Today: Kites rise against, not with the wind (John Neal)

No comments:

Post a Comment