Tuesday, September 29, 2015

2015 September 29 - Morning Manna

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever. Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time. (1 John 2:15-18)

Today's Morsel: It has been stated, "If you want to live in this world, equip yourself with a heart that can endure suffering."  This world isn't going to reward you anything but heartache and hardships.  Jesus knew this and we see that scripture constantly calls for us to separate ourselves from this world.  Paul admonishes us, "Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage" (Galatians 5:1).  If you are suffering today, ask yourself, "Am I suffering because of a love for the world?"   Peter said, "For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing" (1 Peter 3:17).  Whatever you do, don't allow your suffering to be because of worldliness and a love for it.

Sing:  Jesus hold my hand, Lord I need Thee every hour, through this pilgrim land, protect me by Thy saving power; hear my feeble plea, oh Lord, look down on me, when I kneel in pray, I know I'll meet You there, Blessed Jesus hold my hand.

Thought for Today:  "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world" Jesus Christ  (John 16:33)

No comments:

Post a Comment