Tuesday, September 8, 2015

2015 September 8 - Morning Manna

But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: (1 Peter 2:9)

Today's Morsel:  As I'm driving down interstate 90 here in Wisconsin, my eye is always drawn to the billboard with penguins on it with one of the penguins being green.  The caption says, "Different from the rest."   I think this may be what Peter is trying to get us to see.  He is trying to get us to see that we are to be different from the rest.  He said that God has chosen us to be peculiar (distinctive) from the rest.  Maybe this is why Jesus said that we are to be cities set upon a hill that cannot be hidden.  Maybe this is why He tells us to let our light shine that men may see our good work and glory our father which is in heaven.  Even God is different from the rest.  "To whom will ye liken me, and make me equal, and compare me, that we may be like?" (Isaiah 46:5).  Therefore, God cannot be co-equal, co-existent, or co-eternal with any other.  Aaron was to be different from the rest of the priests.  Even his garments were called holy garments to make him different.  We are called to be holy; holiness is being set apart from the rest for the Master's use.  God has chosen us to be peculiar people, unique and set-apart for Him.   I don't know about you, but I'm not ashamed to different from the rest.

Sing:  He chose me! He chose me! Out of all the people in this world.  He chose me! He chose me! And He can use me, till He uses me up.

Thought for Today: Holiness means to be set apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment