Tuesday, August 7, 2012

2012 August 7 - Morning Manna

If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do? (Psalms 11:3)


Today's Morsel: I like reading my Bible through each year. There's just something about gleaning new insight into the Word of God. There always seems to be something that I've missed seeing; each time I read through It, I see something clearer. For example, I've read today's passage many times and I have missed the "s" on the word foundation. So that lets me know that if the base things of God are destroyed, we are in some serious trouble. So what are these foundations? The first is Jesus. "For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ" (1 Corinthians 3:11). The second is the teachings of the apostles and prophets. "And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit" (Ephesians 2:20-22). So what foundations did the apostles and prophets layed? "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD"(Deuteronomy 6:4); "I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images"(Isaiah 42:8); "Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour"(Isaiah 43:10-11); "Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost"(Acts 2:38); "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved" (Acts 4:12); "Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord" (Hebrews 12:14); "There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all" (Ephesians 4:4-6). Today, the devil is trying to destroy the church. If you've noticed the world is trying everything it can to remove the name of Jesus. So let me encourage you to heed Paul advice, "Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye. And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him" (Colossians 3:12-17). As long as we keep Jesus in His rightful place, the church will be just fine.


Sing: I've anchored in Jesus, the storms of life I'll brave, I've anchored in Jesus, I fear no wind or waves, I've anchored in Jesus, for He hath power to save, I've anchored to the Rock of Ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment