Monday, August 20, 2012

2012 August 20 - Morning Manna

For this cause, when I could no longer forbear, I sent to know your faith, lest by some means the tempter have tempted you, and our labour be in vain”(1 Thessalonians 3:5)
Today's Morsel: Satan's favorite weapon that he likes to us is temptation. The Greek word for temptation is peirasmos (pi-ras-mos') which means solicitation, discipline, or provocation; by implication adversity. The Bible calls Satan, among the many names, the tempter. So the tempter is going to tempt you with temptations every chance he gets. He's going to solicit you to give in, to do wrong, to walk unworthy, to take matters into your own hands, to spend more than you have, be slothful, be complacent, and to be discontented. He's going to provoke you to rebel against authority. He's going to aggravate, irritate, frustrate, and annoy you to no end. I've heard people say, "But God won't put more on me than I can handle." But I don't find that to be true according to scripture. What scripture says is that with every temptation, God will make a way of escape that you may be able to bear it (1 Corinthians 10:13).
Paul sent Timothy to know the state of the Thessalonica Church. Because he hadn't heard from them, Paul was concerned that Satan had tempted them and caused them to walk away from the faith. But he received a good report that they were still standing strong. Thank God for those who will stand in adversity. Solomon said, "If thou faintest in the day of adversity, thy strength is small" (Proverbs 24:10). In this walk of life with Christ, the tempter will try to solicit us to his side. But we must remember, as Jesus told him when He was tempted of him, that man does not live by bread, fame, things, and status alone (my wording), but by every word that proceedeth from the mouth of God. Is your mind made up?
Sing: I've come too far from where I used to be, since I met the Lord, I've been set free; no, I won't, turn back, now. Things I used to do, I don't do anymore, places I used to go, I don't go anymore; I've come too far; the enemies on my track, but I love the Lord and I won't turn back; no I won't, turn back, no, I won't, turn back now.

No comments:

Post a Comment