Saturday, August 18, 2012

2012 August 18 - Morning Manna

Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay. (Jeremiah 20:9)
Today's Morsel: Have you ever had one of those burning testimonies that you just couldn't wait to get to church to tell someone? Do you remember when you first received the Holy Ghost how you felt? I don't know about you, but I felt this continual burning within me, and I felt so much love, joy, and peace coming from inside that I didn't know what to do. I didn't care who I came in contact with, I just felt that I had to tell someone, and I wanted to take the devil on that very moment. Is that how you felt? Is that how you still feel?
Jeremiah, within himself, didn't want to go tell anyone about God, but because the word of God is a flaming fire, Jeremiah said, "I was weary with forbearing and I could not stay." When the word of God is within you, you are going to want to tell somebody. As the men on the road to Emmaus said one to another, "Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?" (Luke 24:32). Scripture also says, "And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance" (Acts 2:1-4). It was like fire upon them. Fifty days earlier, Simon Peter had ran and hid because he didn't want to be associated with Jesus. But once the fire of the Holy Ghost fell on him, Peter and the other 120 couldn't stay within that upper room. They came into the streets of Jerusalem and began to preach Jesus Christ. If you have the truth of God's Word, you are going to tell somebody.
Sing: Burn in me, burn in me, Holy Ghost fire burn in me, yesterday's gone, today I'm in need, Holy Ghost fire burn in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment