Friday, August 3, 2012

2012 August 3 - Morning Manna

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. (Revelation 21:1-5)
Today's Morsel: John gives us a glimpse of heaven in hopes to wet our appetite for what we can look forward to. Every time I read this passage, I get excited about my new location and home. It's amazing to me how many people talk about heaven, but I don't see too many tearing down the church doors trying to get there. It seem that more people are putting their stakes in the world than laying up treasures in heaven. Jesus said that we should not lay up treasure upon the earth because if our treasure are here, then that will be where we want to stay. I guess that explains why people aren't ready to go to heaven and are trying to live forever here on this earth; because their bank accounts are here, their houses are here, their cars, trucks, and boats are all here, and all the things that they like doing are here. Peter lets us know that this earth is going to melt with fervent heat ( 2 Peter 2:3:10). So why would anyone want to stay here? I don't like to be burned. I don't know about you, but I'm putting my treasure in heaven because that's where I plan on going for eternity. What about you? Are you ready?
Sing: Sing the wondrous love of Jesus, sing His mercy and His grace; in the mansions bright and blessed, He'll prepare for us a place.
When we all get to heaven, what a day of rejoicing that will be! When we all see Jesus, we will sing and shout the victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment