Friday, September 1, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 September 1

The Attributes of God

“In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.” (Psalms 62:7)

Today’s Morsel: One of the things that I like about scripture is that it allows you to make things personal when it comes to God. It allows you to put yourself right in the scripture. Some folks like to say that God is their personal Savior. Are they saying that they have ownership of God? I don’t think so. But it would be nice if we could. Jesus, who is God manifested in flesh, died for the whole world. However, we ought to have a strong and solid relationship with Him, so that when He speaks, we listen, because we as His sheep ought to know His voice. The more I read scripture, the more my love and understanding of God ought to be.  David said, God is my light and my salvation. We can take joy and delight in knowing that God will light our way. God is my strength. I can take comfort in knowing that because He is strength, He will give me strength. God is my refuge. I can take comfort in knowing that He will always protect me. God is my salvation. I can take hope knowing that He will save me. What would you like to take personal gratification in today about God? The psalmist again states, “In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.”  That’s a lot to find grace, mercy, and hope in. 

Sing: He is my everything, He is my all. He is my everything, both great and small.  He gave His life for me, made everything new.  He is my everything.  Oh, how about you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment