Thursday, August 31, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 August 31

 Running To Win 

“Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.” (1 Corinthians 9:24)

 

Today’s Morsel: Every racer you observe, they are all running to win. You have entered a race for your life, and you should run to win. You should not have things that are hindering you from crossing the finishing line.  Paul tells us, “Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.” (Hebrews 12:1-2) You can win this race. Solomon says that it is not given to the swift, but to him that endures. You are not competing against anyone but yourself. That is why it takes self-discipline. And so, you must ask yourself, if the crown that Jesus has laid up for you is worth winning. If not, then you are more than likely going to drop out of the race. But if it is, then run to obtain it, because great is your reward in heaven.

 

Sing: I’m running for my life, I’m running for my life, I’m running for my life, I’m running for my life.  If anybody asks you, what’s the matter with me; tell them I’m saved, sanctified, Holy Ghost filled, and water baptized; I’ve got heaven on my mind, and I’m running for my life.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment