Monday, September 11, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 September 11

Dying To Live

“If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come.” (Job 14:14)

Today’s Morsel: Mark Lowery sings, “Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die.”  Job asked, “If a man die, shall he live again? The answer is yes. That’s why Jesus told Nicodemus that you must be born again to be able to see and to enter the kingdom of God (John 3:1-5). You can’t go to heaven without dying. Jesus died, was buried, and He rose again the third day. For the gospel to be applied to your life, you too must die. When we repent of our sins, we are dying to this world and its ways. When we are baptized in Jesus’ name in the waters of baptism, we are being buried with Christ. And when God fills us with the His Spirit, we are raised to walk in newness of life. Now, like Job, all the days of our appointed time will we wait, till our change comes. As Paul said, “Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.” (1 Corinthians 15:50-52) Just hang in there, your change is coming, and it is coming soon.  

Sing: Ain’t no grave gonna hold my body down, ain’t no grave gonna hold my body down. When I hear the trumpet, sounding in the sky, I’m gonna get up, get up, out of that ground; cause ain’t no grave, gonna hold my body down. 


No comments:

Post a Comment