Saturday, September 2, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 September 2

Blessing God While We Live

“O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is; To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary. Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee. Thus will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name.” (Psalms 63:1-4)

Today’s Morsel: Sometimes around the church, you will hear folks say that they are waiting for their blessing. Or they may say, God is blessing me. But if God is doing all the blessing, who’s blessing Him? Doesn’t scripture tell us, “Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.” (Luke 6:38) So if God is giving, who’s giving back to Him? Are you blessing Him as He’s blessing you?  David said, “I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul shall make her boast in the LORD: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad. O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together.” (Psalms 34:1-3) Notice, what he said. I will bless the Lord at all times.  That sounds like a man who understands that once you receive blessings from God, you should give back to God. We reap what we sow. If you want more blessings, then you ought to learn to bless God. How do we bless God, you may ask.  It is to offer back to Him the praise and thanks for all that He is and has done for us. Thus, I will bless Him daily while I live. What about you?

Sing: I will bless the Lord at all times, His praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul shall make her boast in Thee, Lord, the humble shall hear thereof and be glad.  O’ magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His name together. I sought the Lord and He heard me and delivered me from all of my fears.


No comments:

Post a Comment