Thursday, September 7, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 September 7

The Miry Clay

“I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry. He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.”
(Psalms 40:1-2)

Today’s Morsel: Do you ever feel that you are sinking and can’t get your feet on solid ground so that you can walk upright again?  David found himself in a horrible pit. What kind of pit would be classified as a horrible pit. A horrible pit would be one that you cannot easily get out of. It can be filled with stench, rising muck and mire. It can be one where men are dying around you. It can be a prison cell. A neighborhood filled with trash and rodent infestation. Jeremiah found himself in a horrible pit, and if he had not been delivered, he would have died in there.  It was not uncommon in Bible days for men to be cast into such a place. Even Joseph’s brothers put him in a pit to die. But they chose to sell him into slavery instead. David found himself in just such a pit.  But he said, “I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry. He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.” David had confidence that God would come through and deliver him, and God did. Maybe you feel as though you are in a horrible pit today and don’t see a way out. Just wait patiently for God, He will come through for you.

Sing: He brought me out of the miry clay, He set my feet on a rock to stay, He put a song in my soul today, a song of praise hallelujah. 


No comments:

Post a Comment