Friday, September 8, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 September 8

Physicians With No Value

“What ye know, the same do I know also: I am not inferior unto you. Surely I would speak to the Almighty, and I desire to reason with God. But ye are forgers of lies, ye are all physicians of no value.” (Job 13:2-4)

Today’s Morsel: I love reading the book of Job. Even though Job is suffering because of his attacks by Satan, he still seems to have a sense of humor and displays himself as a man of great wisdom and one who knows God personally. Job’s story shows us that when we are suffering, we just don’t need to be listening to anyone or everybody. Especially not to those who have no value and antidote for our situation. I find that even physicians are just practicing. That’s why they are called practitioners. They are practicing on us trying to see if stuff will work. And if it works on me, then they assume that if you have the same symptoms, then it ought to work on you, too. But they fail to realize that none of us are the same. We are all fearfully, and wonderfully made by God. Job says to his friends that he would love to speak with God about his issue, but he can’t find Him now, but as for them, they were all physicians of no value. In other words, they were powerless to heal, or even to understand his case. He felt that they had failed miserably and utterly to understand him. Do you feel the same about your friends and others as it relates to your case? Don’t give up. Wait patiently for Jesus and He will come through for you.

Sing: I lean on You Lord, I lean on You Lord, for the things that I need I lean on You. When I don’t know just what to do, I’ve got the faith You’re going to see me through. You supply my every need and I lean on You.


No comments:

Post a Comment