Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 September 6

Clap and Shout

“O’ clap your hands, all ye people; shout unto God with the voice of triumph.” (Psalms 47:1)

Today’s Morsel: Here in La Crosse, Wisconsin where we live, one of the main streets is Losey Blvd. And there are signs along the street telling the truckers and trains to not break their engines or blow their train horns because of the echo and reverberation can cause damage to people’s homes along the roadway.  Reverend Lee Stoneking has done a study on loud noises from a spiritual standpoint, and he says that when we shout, clap our hands, and praise God, it sends a shockwave through the atmosphere, and it gives the devil a headache. So I conclude that if we want to keep the devil at bay, then we ought to start worshipping God with loud shouting and clapping our hands and give the devil a headache and he’ll leave us alone. The first battle that the children of Israel faced when they entered the promised land, was the city of Jericho. They were to walk around the city for six days saying nothing. But on the seventh day, they were to walk around seven times, and when they were given the command to shout, they were to shout, and the wall would come down. And when they shouted, the wall came down just as God had said that it would because of their obedience. Do you have a wall that needs to come down? Seek God for what He will have you do, and if He tells you to shout, then shout.

Sing: Walking around these walls, I thought by now they'd fall, but You have never failed me yet. Waiting for change to come, knowing the battle is won, for You have never failed me yet.

Your promise still stands, great is Your faithfulness, faithfulness, I'm still in Your hands this is my confidence, you’ve never failed me yet.

I've seen You move, You move the mountains, and I believe I'll see You do it again. You made a way, where there was no way, and I believe I'll see You do it again. I've seen You move, You move the mountains, and I believe I'll see You do it again. You made a way, where there was no way, 

and I believe I'll see You do it again. I've seen You move, You move the mountains, and I believe I'll see You do it again.


No comments:

Post a Comment