Monday, September 4, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 September 4

Labor Day

“Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.” (Exodus 20:8-11)

Today’s Morsel:  Across America today many will celebrate ‘Labor Day’. Labor Day is a federal holiday in the United States celebrated on the first Monday in September to honor and recognize the American labor movement and the works and contributions of laborers to the development and achievement of the United States. But we see that the first Labor Day was instituted by God. God commanded that man must not work on the Sabbath Day. God states, “Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day.” Are you tired at the end of the day from your labor? If so, why not come back to Jesus and allow Him to give you rest. “And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath: Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.” (Mark 2:27-28) Don’t allow the world to work you to death, get your rest.

Sing: When He calls me, I will answer. When He calls me, I will hear. When He calls me, I will answer, I’ll be somewhere working for my Lord. I’ll be somewhere working, I’ll be somewhere working, I’ll be somewhere working for my Lord. I’ll be somewhere working, I’ll be somewhere working, I’ll be somewhere working for my Lord. 


No comments:

Post a Comment