Saturday, September 9, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 September 9

Happy

“Happy is that people, that is in such a case: yea, happy is that people, whose God is the LORD.” (Psalms 144:15)

Today’s Morsel: On a scale from 1 to 10, with 10 being highest, where would you rate your happiness? Some people are always happy, while others seem to always be sad and without hope. Some folks are elated about things that come into their life, while others are downtrodden and brokenhearted. The Psalmist says happy is the people whose God is the Lord. Is Jesus your Lord? He says that you call me Master and Lord and you say well for so I am. Then you ought to always be happy. Happiness comes from knowing who God is. Happiness comes from realizing that Jesus won’t leave you nor forsake you. Daniel states, “...But the people that do know their God shall be strong and do exploits.” (Daniel 11:32) The people that know God shall be strong and do great achievements, for without Him we can do nothing. “Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the LORD his God:” (Psalms 146:5) If you say that you have been born again of the water and the spirit, then you ought to be happy. Why? “Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour. I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God.” (Isaiah 43:10-12) Do you know Him? Are you elated knowing that you know the God of all the earth?  With Jesus as your God, you can have true happiness.  

Sing: If you’re happy, and you know it, say amen, say amen.  If you’re happy, and you know it, say amen, amen.   When God’s Spirit falls on you, it makes you shout hallelujah, if you’re happy and you know it say amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment