Monday, September 25, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 September 25

I Need A Praise Break

“Seven times a day do I praise thee because of thy righteous judgments. Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.” (Psalms 119:164-165)

Today’s Morsel: Over twenty years ago at Because of The Times, Pastor Rex Johnson preached a message entitled, “I Need a Praise Break, I’m About To Be Offended.”  I’m starting to feel just like him. Every so often, folks do things that raise my military PTSD, and I want to do two things. Either have a Drill Sergeant flash back and put everyone in the dying cockroach position or have a Vietnam Mad Minute and take everyone out. Either way, I have realized that the best for me and also for everyone else, is for me to just steal away and praise the Lord, because I am about to be offended. What about you, do you need a praise break today because others are about to offend you? A praise break is so you don’t lose your witness for Jesus. Yes, I know that Jesus made whips and ran everyone out of the temple, but He was God, and He could do that. You and I, we must choose the new way.  Praise God and let Him take care of the small stuff.   How about it, next time someone bothers you take a minute and say, “I need a praise break, I’m about to be offended”.  You will feel so much better after the break!  

Sing: Praise Him, praise Him, praise in the morning, praise in in the noon time.  Praise Him, praise Him, praise Him when the sun goes down.


No comments:

Post a Comment