Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 September 5

Casting All Your Care On Jesus

“Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.” (Psalms 55:22)

Today’s Morsel: What burden or burdens are you carrying that for some reason you just can’t seem to shake or get rid of in your life? You know, I’m talking about those things that just seem to keep weighing on you, draining you of your strength, breaking your heart every time, you think about them, or they keep causing you sleepless nights? Yes, you may have already prayed and asked God to take them away, but they just keep hanging around, don’t they? And then over a period of time you begin to feel that there isn’t a need to pray about them anymore because you’ve already been there, done that, and nothing is happening. So, what’s up with that since the scripture tells us to “Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.” There is our answer. God didn’t say that He would remove them, His word says that He will sustain us and never suffer us to be removed. Once you cast them on God, He’s got it. You aren’t going under, just follow Paul’s advice when God told Him that His grace was sufficient for him. Paul said: “Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.” (2 Corinthians 12:10) Just keep praising Jesus and following His word and your strength will be made perfect in weakness.

Sing: The blood that Jesus shed for me, way back on Calvary, it’s the blood that gives me my strength from day to day, it will never lose its power. 

For it reaches to the highest mountain, and it flows to the lowest valley, o yeah. It is His blood, that gives me my strength, from day to day, it will never lose its power.

It soothes my doubts, and it calms my fears; that old sweet blood, it dries away all my tears. It’s the blood that gives me strength from day to day, it’s will never lose its power. 

For it reaches to the highest mountain, and it flows to the lowest valley, o yeah. It is His blood, that gives me my strength, from day to day, it will never lose its power.


No comments:

Post a Comment