Friday, September 20, 2024

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2024 September 20

His Mercy Endureth For Ever?

“O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: because his mercy endureth for ever.” (Psalms 118:1)

Today’s Morsel: In the Bible, mercy is used in reference to receiving forgiveness or withholding punishment. We also see this word played out in a court of law when a judge shows leniency on a sentencing. David often spoke of God’s mercy for forgiving him of his actions and conduct. The Psalmist stated: “If thou, LORD, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand? But there is forgiveness with thee, that thou mayest be feared. I wait for the LORD, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope. My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning: I say, more than they that watch for the morning. Let Israel hope in the LORD: for with the LORD there is mercy, and with him is plenteous redemption. And he shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities.” (Psalms 130:3-8) If God would judge us for our wrong, who could stand? But there is forgiveness with God, so that He may be respected by us as being our Heavenly Father. Therefore, we should continuously offer to Him our thanks for His mercy. Where would you be if it had not been for God’s mercy toward you?

Sing: Years I spent in vanity and pride, caring not my Lord was crucified; knowing not it was for me He died, on Calvary.

Mercy there was great, and grace was free Pardon there was multiplied to me. There my burden soul found liberty, at Calvary. 

Thought For Today: “O give thanks unto the God of heaven: for his mercy endureth for ever.” (Psalms 136:26)

No comments:

Post a Comment