Monday, September 16, 2024

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2024 September 16

How Do We Get There From Here?

“Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” (John 14:1-6)

Today’s Morsel: The GPS has taken the pain and worry out of most of our travels. We can now just put in our destination’s address into our phones, OnStar, or navigational GPS and away we go. It will take us to our destination. But back in the day, before GPS, you would need to know how to read a map or be able to take good notes and directions from the person you were heading to see or the location you were going to visit.  The children of Israel wanted to know where they were going and how they were going to get there. They were told that they were heading to the promised land, but all they saw was desert. And when they came to the Red Sea, they determined at that point that they were lost, and that Moses didn’t know where he was going. When Jesus told the disciples that He was going to prepare a place for them, Thomas wanted to know how they would get from here to there, and by what way. Jesus told him that He was the way and to just follow Him and He would find the way. Are you wondering how you are going to get from here to your heavenly mansion? Well, Paul tells us: “If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.” (Colossians 3:1-4) If you have been born-again of the water and the spirit, and are following Jesus, it’s going to be like getting on an airplane, closing your eyes, falling to sleep, and when you awake you are going to be there ready to walk on those streets of gold. Hallelujah!

Sing: The captain of the vessel, he’s calling get onboard, and the destinations heaven, safe on the crystal shores, where we’ll meet our splendid Savior, and loved ones who has gone before; we’ll stand all eternity, thank God I’m going home.

I’m going home with Jesus, in the twinkling of an eye, I’ve made my reservation, for my mansion in the sky. I may not know the moment, or I may not know the day, but I know that I’ll be leaving when He call His church away.

Thought For Today: “Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:” (Hebrews 12:14)

No comments:

Post a Comment