Saturday, September 28, 2024

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2024 September 28

Stay Alert

“Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. Be not ye therefore partakers with them. For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light: (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;) Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord. And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret. But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light. Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light. See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.” (Ephesians 5:6-16)

Today’s Morsel: When I first enlisted into the army, it was not uncommon to hear these word: “Listen up and give me your undivided attention.” We must learn how to stay alert. This is war. And the enemy’s goal is to lure you to sleep and cause you to not to be able to see what he is doing and is up to. He wants to pull you off course so he can destroy you and your family. Jesus said: “The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.” (John 10:10)With this information, we must stay alert. We must walk with caution and not allow ourselves to be lured into wrong actions and motives. Always remember, we all get to make choices, but we don’t get to determine the consequences that come with those choices. Wakeup, O’ Sleeper!

Sing: Jesus, hold my hand, Lord, I need Thee every hour. Through this pilgrim land, protect me by Thy saving power. Hear my feeble plea, o, Lord, looked down on me.  When I kneel in prayer, I know I’ll meet You there, precious Jesus hold my hand.

Thought For Today: “Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.” (Proverbs 4:23).

No comments:

Post a Comment