Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2024 September 10

Trust God At All Times

“In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.” (Psalms 62:7-8)

Today’s Morsel: Trusting in God must become a habit in your life. You can’t only trust God when things are going well. You must trust Him even if it seems that things are going bad. If our homes are destroyed, we lose our job, or our health fails, or our loved ones backslide and stop serving God, we still must trust Him. As God said through the prophet Jeremiah: “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.” (Jeremiah 29:11-13) Job enlightened us with these words: “Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him. He also shall be my salvation: for an hypocrite shall not come before him.” (Job 13:15-16); “For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease. Though the root thereof wax old in the earth, and the stock thereof die in the ground; Yet through the scent of water it will bud and bring forth boughs like a plant.” (Job 14:7-9) No matter what you are going through, don’t throw in the towel. Instead, keep washing feet with it and keep your trust in God. He that will come, will come, and not tarry. Now the just must live by faith. 

Sing: We talk of faith, when we are up on the mountain, cause faith comes easy when life is at its best; but it’s down in the valley, of trials and temptation, because that’s where faith is really put to the test.

But the God of the mountain is still God in the valley, when things go wrong, He’ll make them right. And the God of the good times, is still God in the bad times; and the God of the day, is still God in the night. 

Thought For Today: “Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.” (Proverbs 3:5-6)

No comments:

Post a Comment