Saturday, September 7, 2024

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2024 September 7

That Taste Good

“Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.” (Jeremiah 15:16)

Today’s Morsel: We all need a daily intake of the Word of God. The Word of God is called the ‘Bread of Life’. And Jesus said that He is that Bread of Life (John 6:35). When we study and read God’s Word, we are partaking of Him. David said: “O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.” (Psalms 34:8) We usually develop our taste for something at a young age. For me, when I was a brand-new Christian, my pastor would always tell me that I must love the Word of God more than anything else. And I took him at his word, and Jesus has been so very good to me. I just can’t get enough of Him, because He tastes so good every day. I promise you, that if you will spend just a few minutes of your time daily reading and studying His Word, and spend some time with Him in prayer, you, too, will see how good He really is.

Sing: He gets sweeter as the days go by. He gets sweeter as the moments fly. His love is richer, deeper, fuller, sweeter; sweeter, sweeter, sweeter, as the days go by.

Thought For Today: “This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.” (John 6:58)

No comments:

Post a Comment