Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 1 June 2021

 

Mourning Into Joy

 

For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. And in my prosperity I said, I shall never be moved. LORD, by thy favour thou hast made my mountain to stand strong: thou didst hide thy face, and I was troubled. I cried to thee, O LORD; and unto the LORD I made supplication. What profit is there in my blood, when I go down to the pit? Shall the dust praise thee? shall it declare thy truth? Hear, O LORD, and have mercy upon me: LORD, be thou my helper. Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness

(Psalms 30:5-11)

 

Today’s Morsel:  One of the things about warfare is that it is nasty business.  People get hurt, wounded, sick, and even killed. They fear, they cry, they laugh, they weep, and they sometimes go AWOL (absent without leave).  As soldiers of the Lord, you must be able to pick yourself up.  You must not hang your harps on the willow, mourn, and quit.  You can, but it will not stop the enemy from attacking you.  As a matter of fact, if the enemy knows that you are despondent and without hope, that you are with low self-esteem, he is going to attack you even more.  That is why you must pick yourself up.  David said that weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning, And he has turned my mourning into dancing.  When the SUN comes up in the morning, that is a sign for you to get up.  A good mad minute of prayer and praise can change the way you feel about things and turn your mourning into dancing and your sorrows into joy.  Give it a try this morning!

 

Sing: You have turned my mourning into dancing.  You have turned my sorrow into joy.  This is how we overcome.  This is how we overcome.  You have turned my mourning into dancing. You have turned my sorrow into joy.

 

Thought For Today: When is the last time you’ve danced before the Lord?

No comments:

Post a Comment