Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 16 June 2021

 

Peace Like A River

 

For thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will extend peace to her like a river, and the glory of the Gentiles like a flowing stream: then shall ye suck, ye shall be borne upon her sides, and be dandled upon her knees.

(Isaiah 66:12)

 

Today’s Morsel:  Have you ever just sat alone beside the river and watched and listened as the water's flow?  There is such peace and tranquility in the flowing of the river.  I believe that this is how God desires for our life to be, a life of peace and calmness without responding to the turmoil and unrest around us.  Life is not a puzzle to be solved, it is a gift to be enjoyed.  The Lord said through the prophet Isaiah, I will extend peace to her like a river, and the glory of the Gentiles like a flowing stream.  Can you just imagine having this kind of peace?  Well, you can have it because Jesus is the Prince of Peace.  And Isaiah said, Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.(Isaiah 26:3)  A life rooted and grounded in Christ is undisturbed, it is a life of perfect peace.  That is, the mind that has confidence in God shall not be agitated by the trials to which it shall be subject; persecution, poverty, sickness, want, or bereavement do not bring unrest to that life.   All can and will be calm as a river!

 

Sing:  I've got peace like a river, I’ve got peace like a river, I’ve got peace like a river in my soul; I’ve got peace like a river, I’ve got peace like a river, I’ve got peace like a river in my soul.

 

Thought For Today: Tranquility is found in Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment