Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 15 June 2021

 

The Books

 

This is the disciple which testifieth of these things, and wrote these things: and we know that his testimony is true. And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.” 

(John 21:24-25)

 

Today’s Morsel:  I often wonder if John was speaking prophetically when he wrote, “And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written.”  When I am asked to come to speak at certain events, they always ask me if I will send them a biography.  I ask them if they would like the long version or the short one.  You see if I give them the long, it is going to take a lot of pages because I like to tell what Jesus has done in my life.  If someone would have sat down and recorded the stories of everyone that has been born again of the water and the Spirit, who has been prayed for and healed, who has been delivered from drugs, alcohol, abuse, restoration of life, and so on, how many books do you think would have been written?  The Bible only contains 66 books of what Jesus and others did through Him.  But we know that when we are reading those 66 books, called the Bible, that is only a small portion of what Jesus did. These are the recordings not only while He was on the earth, but after He poured out His Spirit upon believers.  Never think that your life story is not important to the overall story of the gospel. When is the last time you updated your bio to show what Jesus has done in your life?  What will people say about your life when they read it?

 

Sing: He’s changing me, my blessed Savior, I’m not the same person that I used to be.  Well, it’s been slow going, but there’s a knowing, that someday perfect I will be.

 

Thought For Today:  Your life story is important to the overall story of the gospel.  When is the last time you updated your bio?  (Parker) 

No comments:

Post a Comment