Friday, June 25, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 25 June 2021

 The House of Prayer 

 

For thus saith the LORD unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant; Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off. Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant; Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.(Isaiah 56:4-7)

 

Today’s Morsel:  As gentiles who have been grafted into God’s family, we should be elated that we have been given such an opportunity and place in His house.  We should never take it for granted.  The Lord states, “the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, everyone that keepth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant; Even them will I bring to my holy mountain and make them joyful in my house of prayer.”  Everyone that loves the Lord and keeps His covenant is given exceeding precious promises.  Again, the Lord states about those that are strangers that love Him, “them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.”  This is a drawback to Isaiah 55 when the Lord tells us that His thoughts and ways are not as ours.   When God brings us into His family, no good thing will He withhold from them that Love Him. Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?(James 2:5)  I am so thankful I am a part of the family of God, how about you?

 

 

Sing:  I love Him!  I love Him!  Because He first Loved me.  He purchased my salvation on Calvary.

 

Thought For Today:  No good thing will He withhold from them that love Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment