Thursday, June 24, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 24 June 2021

 

What Separates You From God?

 

“Behold, the LORD'S hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear: But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.” (Isaiah 59:1-2)

 

Today’s Morsel:  One of the hardest things for most people to accept is their own sins.  It is easier for them to point out the sins of others but not their own.  David was ready to execute swift judgment and retribution on the man that Nathan was telling him about until he realized that he was the man.  How many times have we sat in church, listened to a sermon, and concluded that it wasn’t for us, but for someone else?  As a preacher, every message that I prepare and preach, I’m always looking for the application for myself first.  I am like Paul, when he wrote, I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.(1 Corinthians 9:26-27)  What good is it to preach to others and you yourself are lost because of sin?  Matthew wrote of Jesus as saying: “Not everyone that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.(Matthew 7:21-27)  Don’t allow your sin to separate you from Christ.

 

Sing:  Have you been to Jesus for His cleansing power, are you washed in the blood of the Lamb.  There’s a fountain flowing for the souls unclean, O’ be washed in the blood of the Lamb.

 

Thought For  Today:  Don’t allow your sins to keep you from God!

No comments:

Post a Comment