Friday, June 4, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 4 June 2021

 

Defeated

 

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified. What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
(Romans 8:28-31)

 

Today’s Morsel:  Over 20 years ago, I wrote a book entitled, “If God Be For Us, Who Can Be Against Us?”  I wanted to encourage folks to realize whose side they were on.  There are so many who are defeated so quickly.  Even today we hear of many who are committing suicide or are on excessive medications for depression and sleepless nights.  While others live in fear and anxiety.  And I ask myself how can these things be since believers are filled with all power.  Why are so many so quickly defeated?  We are never defeated unless we give up on allowing God to work.  The psalmist states, “The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me? The LORD taketh my part with them that help me: therefore shall I see my desire upon them that hate me. It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.(Psalms 118:6-8)  Listen, Jesus did not bring you out of the world to leave you.  The same way that he delivered Israel out of Egypt and bondage, He has delivered you. So why should we be defeated when victory is already ours?

Sing: Victory is mine!  Victory is mine!  Victory today is mine.  I told Satan to get thee behind; victory today is mine.

 

Thought for Today: We are never defeated unless we give up on allowing God to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment