Saturday, September 19, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 19 September 2020

Footprints

 

But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience, Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.(2 Timothy 3:10-11)

 

Today’s Morsel: I am sure you have heard this poem about the footprints:

One night I dreamed a dream.  As I was walking along the beach with my Lord.  Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life. For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand, one belonging to me and one to my Lord. After the last scene of my life flashed before me, I looked back at the footprints in the sand. I noticed that at many times along the path of my life, especially at the very lowest and saddest times, there was only one set of footprints. This really troubled me, so I asked the Lord about it. "Lord, you said once I decided to follow you, You'd walk with me all the way.
But I noticed that during the saddest and most troublesome times of my life, there was only one set of footprints. I don't understand why, when I needed You the most, You would leave me." He whispered, "My precious child, I love you and will never leave you Never, ever, during your trials and testings. When you saw only one set of footprints, It was then that I carried you."

The apostle Paul informs us that he went through many trials and tests in his life.  But he says the Lord delivered him out of them all.  In other words, God carried him during those tough times.  I want to assure you that He will carry us through them, too.

Sing:  Lift me up above the shadows, lift me up and let me stand on mountain tops of glory, let me dwell in Beulah land.

Thought For Today: How many sets of footprints do you see?


No comments:

Post a Comment