Friday, September 18, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 18 September 2020

 

The Big Bad Wolf

 

“The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell. Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.” (Psalms 27:1-3)

 

Today’s Morsel:  I am sure most of you have heard or read the story of the three little pigs.  The children’s nursery rhyme makes the wolf bigger than he is because the reader of the story is required to present the wolf in a fearful way.  Isaiah said that when we see Satan, “They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms; That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?(Isaiah 14:16-17)  Satan is only big in the life of those that fear him and make him that way.  But those of us who know our God realize that he is just an imp.   

 

Sing:  My God is bigger than all my questions, bigger than all my fears, yes He is bigger than any mountain that I can or cannot see. He’s bigger than all my worries bigger than all my cares, yes, my God is bigger than anything I can or cannot see.

 

Thought For Today:  The wolf is only as big as you make him.

1 comment:

  1. I believe we should "magnify" the lord like the psalmist said. But at the same time never forgetting that Satan is a formidable opponent and has taken down many. We must know our God and know our opponent if we are going to win this race.

    ReplyDelete