Thursday, July 9, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 9 July 2020


A Failure In The Home

Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise;) That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth. And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.(Ephesians 6:1-4)

Today’s Morsel:  One of the greatest failures in the home is children who disrespect their parents, grandparents, and each other.  When children are not taught by their parents at the earliest age to respect them and others, it will someday be a reflection on the home.  Children are a heritage from the Lord and the fruit of the womb is His reward.  And so He requires parents, especially fathers, to train them up correctly.  I have found through observation and study that children who disrespect their earthly parents will disrespect God as well.  Giving children liberty does not mean that you allow them to disrespect you.  Their first lesson taught them should be that of obedience and the second should be that of respect.

Sing:  I’ll say yes, Lord, yes, to Your will and to Your way; I’ll say yes, Lord, yes, I will trust you and obey.  When Your Spirit speaks to me, with my whole heart I'll agree and my answer will be yes, Lord yes.

Thought For Today:  Respect… Yes, Sir and Yes Ma’am

No comments:

Post a Comment