Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 15 July 2020


Living Water
There cometh a woman of Samaria to draw water: Jesus saith unto her, Give me to drink. (For his disciples were gone away unto the city to buy meat.) Then saith the woman of Samaria unto him, How is it that thou, being a Jew, askest drink of me, which am a woman of Samaria? for the Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans. Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water. The woman saith unto him, Sir, thou hast nothing to draw with, and the well is deep: from whence then hast thou that living water? Art thou greater than our father Jacob, which gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle? Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. The woman saith unto him, Sir, give me this water, that I thirst not, neither come hither to draw.
(John 4:7-15)

Today’s Morsel:  Every time I go to Africa, it always amazes me when I see such small children carrying such huge containers for getting water.  I think that this may be one of the reasons that some folks have a hard time living for Jesus, they keep coming to the well for water, but they keep bringing such a small container or they never fill the vessel they bring.  “I am the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt: open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it”, saith the Lord Psalms 81:10)  When Jesus came to the wedding in Cana, they had no wine.  He told the servant to fill the waterpots with water and they filled them to the brim.  They went from zero wine to over 160 gallons instantly.  Why?  They filled the pots to the brim.  As the Lord told Jeremiah, “For my people have committed two evils; they have forsaken me the fountain of living waters, and hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water.(Jeremiah 2:13)  Do you have enough water to share with others?  If not, you may need to return to the springs of living water and bring a bigger vessel to be filled.

Sing:  Drinking at the springs of living water, happy now am I, my soul they satisfy.  Drinking at the springs of living water, a wonderful and bountiful supply.

Thought For Today:  How big is your waterpot?

No comments:

Post a Comment