Thursday, July 30, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 30 July 2020


Happiness

Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Thou art permitted to speak for thyself. Then Paul stretched forth the hand, and answered for himself: I think myself happy, king Agrippa, because I shall answer for myself this day before thee touching all the things whereof I am accused of the Jews
(Acts 26:1-2)

Today’s Morsel:  I always find it interesting when I observe some ministers and religious people when they have an opportunity to stand before presidents or others in great authority, how they seem to clam-up and present themselves as fearful, unlearned, and unhappy.  You would think that the people that do know their God would be happy and excited and express themselves as such.  The psalmist said, "Happy is that people, that is in such a case: yea, happy is that people, whose God is the LORD” Psalms 144:15;  He continues by saying, “Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the LORD his God” Psalms 146:5.  Solomon wrote in Proverbs 3:13, “Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.”   When the Queen of Sheba came to visit King Solomon, scripture says, “And she said to the king, it was a true report that I heard in mine own land of thy acts and of thy wisdom. Howbeit I believed not the words, until I came, and mine eyes had seen it: and, behold, the half was not told me: thy wisdom and prosperity exceedeth the fame which I heard. Happy are thy men, happy are these thy servants, which stand continually before thee, and that hear thy wisdom.(1 Kings 10:6-8) .  When the apostle Paul had to appear before King Agrippa for his release and false accusation from the Jew, He told the king, "I think myself happy"  that he had an opportunity to speak for himself. Do you think yourself happy when you get an opportunity to testify or present your testimony for what Jesus has done for you?  Do you think yourself happy when nothing is going right for you?  Happiness is like perfume.  You cannot pour it on others without getting some of it on yourself.

Sing:  If you're happy, and you know it, say amen, say amen.  If you're happy, and you know it, say amen, amen.  When God’s Spirit falls on you, makes you wanna shout hallelujah; if you're happy and you know it say amen.

Thought For Today:  Gotten any happiness on you lately? (Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment