Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 14 July 2020


Hope

And our hope of you is stedfast, knowing, that as ye are partakers of the sufferings, so shall ye be also of the consolation. For we would not, brethren, have you ignorant of our trouble which came to us in Asia, that we were pressed out of measure, above strength, insomuch that we despaired even of life: But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raiseth the dead: Who delivered us from so great a death, and doth deliver: in whom we trust that he will yet deliver us; Ye also helping together by prayer for us, that for the gift bestowed upon us by the means of many persons thanks may be given by many on our behalf.
  
(2 Corinthians 1:7-11)

Today’s Morsel:  One of the things about hope is it should shine the brightest when it dawns from our fears. Anytime that there is fear that may come into our lives, we should shine forth because we have an anchor of hope which is both sure and steadfast.  We should not trust in ourselves, Paul said, but in him that raises the dead and can deliver from death.  “The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me? The LORD taketh my part with them that help me: therefore shall I see my desire upon them that hate me. It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man. It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in princes… I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the LORD” saith the psalmist (Psalms 118:6-9, 17)  Fear can only torment you if you lose hope in God.

Sing:  Thou art my God and I will praise Thee.  Thou art my God I will exalt Thee.  O’ give thanks unto the Lord for He is good for His mercies endureth forever.

Thought For Today:  Don’t ever lose hope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment