Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 31 March 2020


Disappointed People

“A man’s own folly ruins his life, yet his heart rages against the Lord.”  (Proverbs 19:3 NLT)

Today’s Morsel:  Every so often, I like to get another translation of the Bible out for clarity of scripture and its meaning.  In the King James Version (KJV) of the Bible, today's passage states, “The foolishness of man perverteth his way: and his heart fretteth against the LORD.(Proverbs 19:3)  In other words, the foolish, having brought about disasters by their own perverseness, turns around and angrily complains against God.  They fail to realize that you reap what you sow.  The Nearly Inspired Version (NIV) (humor) states, he ruins his own life and then blames God. People like to blame God for their calamities and dilemmas, but what I have found is that 99.9% of the time it is of their own doing.  “Wisdom crieth without;" Solomon said, "she uttereth her voice in the streets: She crieth in the chief place of concourse, in the openings of the gates: in the city she uttereth her words, saying, How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge? Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you. Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded; But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof: I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh; When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you. Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me: For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD: They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof.” (Proverbs 1:20-30)  If you ever notice, the most disappointed people in the world are those who get what is coming to them.

Sing:  Aren’t you getting just a bit tired of fooling around?  You try to laugh your way through life, but you’re not gaining ground.  Why not try the Lord today, just asked Him in your heart to stay; and you’ll find Jesus love to be the greatest give that you've ever found?
 Jesus got ahold of my life and He won’t let me go.  Jesus got into my heart He got into my soul.  I use to be oh so sad, but now I’m happy free and glad; cause Jesus got ahold of my life and He won’t let me go.

Thought For Today: The most disappointed people in the world are those who get what is coming to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment