Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 25 March 2020


Helping Others

“We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves. Let every one of us please his neighbour for his good to edification.” (Romans 15:1-2)

Today’s Morsel:  When I first entered the army for my basic training, I was motivated, energetic, could run long distances, and do the physical fitness test without any problem.  Not much seemed to hinder me.  But I found myself doing lots of push ups and being chewed out by my Drill Instructors because I was not helping my weaker team members.  And so I quickly learned to help my team members who were weak and needed encouragement so we could all graduate together and they, too, could reach their full potential.  Paul said that we then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves.  There are many weak Christians in the church today.  Some of their own doing and some not of there doing.  However, those of us who are strong in the Lord and know the truth of the Gospel must help those who are weak.  Again, Paul admonishes, “Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.” (1 Thessalonians 5:14); “Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ. For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself… As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.(Galatians 6:1-3, 10)  No one is useless in this world who lightens the burden of someone else.  As a matter of fact, Jesus said that when you have done it to the least of these you have done it unto Him.

Sing: You’re my bother your sister, so take me by the hand; together we will work until He comes.  There’s no foe that can defeat us when we are walking side by side, as long as there is love we can stand.

Thought For Today:  If you see a turtle on a fence post, know that he didn’t get there by himself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment