Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 17 March 2020


Following the Crowd

Nevertheless the people refused to obey the voice of Samuel; and they said, Nay; but we will have a king over us; That we also may be like all the nations; and that our king may judge us, and go out before us, and fight our battles.(1 Samuel 8:19-20)

Today’s Morsel:  Once during political election season a young lady rang my doorbell to solicit my vote for a certain political candidate.  When I began to ask her to tell me something about the person she was asking me to vote for, or to give me some information where that person stood on certain moral issues, she was totally confounded.  I politely said to her that if I were you, I would know what the individual stands for if I was going to ask someone to vote for them.  I told her that she should not just follow the crowd.  And that the individual that she is asking someone to vote for maybe someone that goes against her own moral values.  When Samuel told the children of Israel the things that a king would do to them, they did not listen to him.  But said, no, we want a king like everyone else.  They wanted to follow the crowd.  And God told Samuel that they had not rejected Him, but they had rejected Him (See 1 Samuel chapter 8).  If we choose to follow the crowd, we better make sure they are right and headed in the right direction.  Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven” Jesus said (Matthew 7:21).

Sing:  Where He leads me, I will follow.  Where He leads me, I will follow.  Where He leads me, I will follow, I’ll go with Him, with Him, all the way.

Thought For Today:  We don’t follow signs, signs follow us.

No comments:

Post a Comment