Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 1 April 2020


Unemployed
“And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.” (Colossians 3:23-24)

Today’s Morsel:  One of the things that I have heard nearly all my life is, “Working for the Lord doesn’t pay much but the retirement benefits are out of this world.”  Paul tells the church at Colossi that whatever they do, do it heartily unto the Lord and not unto men.  In other words, do things without murmuring and complaining, because they love God.  Throughout scripture, in the book of Proverbs, Solomon consistently cautions against slothfulness and laziness.  And yet many do not see the reason to work.  Paul told the church at Thessalonica,  “For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you; Neither did we eat any man's bread for nought; but wrought with labour and travail night and day, that we might not be chargeable to any of you: Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an ensample unto you to follow us. For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat. For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies.(2 Thessalonians 3:7-11)  Jesus said, “I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.” (John 9:4)  There is a name for people who are not excited about work … Unemployed.

Sing:  When He calls me, I will answer.  When He calls me, I will hear.  When He calls me, I will answer, I’ll be somewhere working for my Lord.
 I’ll be somewhere working, I’ll be somewhere working, I’ll be somewhere working for my Lord; I’ll be somewhere working, I’ll be somewhere working, I’ll be somewhere working for my Lord.

Thought For Today:  There is a name for people who are not excited about work … Unemployed.

No comments:

Post a Comment