Thursday, July 9, 2015

2015 July 9 - Morning Manna

And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Speak unto the children of Israel, and bid them that they make them fringes in the borders of their garments throughout their generations, and that they put upon the fringe of the borders a ribband of blue: And it shall be unto you for a fringe, that ye may look upon it, and remember all the commandments of the LORD, and do them; and that ye seek not after your own heart and your own eyes, after which ye use to go a whoring: That ye may remember, and do all my commandments, and be holy unto your God. I am the LORD your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt, to be your God: I am the LORD your God. (Numbers 15:37-41)

Today's Morsel:  When I was young and  we would watch television programs of wars between the U.S. soldiers and the American Indians,  it always amazed me that the soldiers could tell what tribe the Indians were a part of either by the arrows they used or a certain type of feather in the end of their arrow, or the feathers in their headbands.  In a War Museum, I read that the wedding band was given as a reminder of faithfulness between husbands and wives while they were apart from each other during World War 2; and that it was also a symbol to others that the person was unavailable.   Rahab was told to keep the scarlet cord in the window as identification for her and her household's salvation.  And in our scripture reading today, Israel was told to put the fringe on the borders a ribbon of blue so when they saw it they would be reminded of the commandments of the Lord.  If you hide the word of God in your heart, it will always remind you of what God said, and it will keep you unspotted from this world, and people will know who you belong to.

Sing: I want to live the way that He wants me to live. I want to give until there's just no more to give. I want to love, love till there's just no more love. I could never, never out love the Lord.

Thought for Today: Your identity can be seen in your character.  

No comments:

Post a Comment