Monday, July 13, 2015

2015 July 13 - Morning Manna

And he came thither unto a cave, and lodged there; and, behold, the word of the LORD came to him, and he said unto him, What doest thou here, Elijah? And he said, I have been very jealous for the LORD God of hosts: for the children of Israel have forsaken thy covenant, thrown down thine altars, and slain thy prophets with the sword; and I, even I only, am left; and they seek my life, to take it away. And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the LORD. And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake: And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice. 
(1 Kings 19:9-12)

Today's Morsel:  Being able to discern the voice of God should be the hallmark of every believer.  Jesus said that His sheep know His voice, and He is known of them (my wording) John 10:4-5;27.   We must be able to recognize when God speaks to us.  Elijah realized that God spoke in a still small voice and not in the wind, earthquake, or fire.  It was not a scream or a yell, but a tranquil and calm voice. When one speaks from a heart of compassion and humility, as Jesus does, it is often times smoothing and easy to be entreated.  As James says, "But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy" (James 3:17).  Cory Booker, American politician said, "Real courage is holding on to a small voice in your head that says, 'I must keep going.'" This is what the Lord was speaking to Elijah, you have a journey ahead of you and you must keep going.  If Jesus has spoken a promise to you in His still small voice, then you must have the courage to stay the course and you must keep going.

Sing: There's something inside of me, telling me to go ahead; There's something inside of me, telling me to go ahead; There's something inside of me, telling me to go ahead, go ahead! go ahead! go ahead!
The Holy Ghost inside of me is telling me to go ahead; The Holy Ghost inside of me is telling me to go ahead; The Holy Ghost inside of me is telling me to go ahead, go ahead! go ahead! go ahead!

Thought for Today: "Real courage is holding on to a small voice in your head that says, "I must keep going." Cory Booker, American politician.

No comments:

Post a Comment