Friday, July 24, 2015

2015 July 24 - Morning Manna

He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls. (Proverbs 25:28).

Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. (Philippians 4:11-13)

 Today's Morsel:  Probably one the toughest people to command is ourselves.  Why are we often times harder on others than we are on ourselves?  Shouldn't we be more concerned with us than others?  The Lord told Ezekiel, "Saying, Son of man, when the land sinneth against me by trespassing grievously, then will I stretch out mine hand upon it, and will break the staff of the bread thereof, and will send famine upon it, and will cut off man and beast from it: Though these three men, Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, they should deliver but their own souls by their righteousness, saith the Lord GOD" (Ezekiel 14:12-14).  If I can't save anyone but myself, shouldn't I be more concerned with myself and than others?  You see, not until I can command myself can I command others!  Solomon said,  "He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls" (Proverbs 25:28). Don't ever deceive yourself.  Be honest with yourself and correct your own ways.  

Sing: Jesus be the Lord of all, Jesus be the Lord of all, Jesus be the Lord of all, The kingdoms of my heart.

Thought for Today: Self-discipline, Self-restraint, and Self-control all begin with self.

No comments:

Post a Comment