Monday, July 20, 2015

2015 July 20 - Morning Manna

I will behave myself wisely in a perfect way. O when wilt thou come unto me? I will walk within my house with a perfect heart. I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me. A froward heart shall depart from me: I will not know a wicked person.
(Psalms 101:2-4)

Today's Morsel:  American comedian Woody Allen said, "Life doesn't imitate art, it imitates bad television."  It has been said that the average American household watches at least 5 hours of television a day.  If that is true, then we can see why our nation is in such a state of moral decline; especially if Mr. Allen's statement is true.  The Psalmist said, "I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me." Maybe it's time for every house to evaluate the time it spends before television.   Maybe if we all start imitating Christ, instead of bad television, we will all start getting along and morality in our nation will rise once again.  "Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people" (Proverbs 14:34).

Sing: To be like Jesus, to be like Jesus, on earth I long to be like Him. All through life's journey; from earth to glory, I only ask to be like Him.

Thought for Today: Be careful what you set before your eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment