Thursday, July 23, 2015

2015 July 23 - Morning Manna

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
(John 14:1-7)

Today's Morsel:  Anxiety seems to be running ramped throughout the land.  I don't seem to go a day without hearing someone share their concerns or worries.  Some are concerned with the way the nation is going.  Some are concerned with the way the schools and churches are going. While others are uneasy about the stock market and life in general.  Sholem Aleichem, 19th-century Yiddish writer said, "God gave me such a good brain that in one minute I can worry more than others do in a year."  Maybe this is some peoples' problem.  That good brain that God gave them is being used for the wrong reason. Worry!  Jesus said,  "Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me."  There is no need for a born again believer to be inundated with concern.  Jesus is the antidote for the troubled mind, and He still has the power to calm the storm. "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength"  (Isaiah 26:3-4)

Sing: I hear the sound, of a mighty rushing wind, and it's closer now, than it's ever been, I can almost hear the trumpet, as Gabriel sounds the call; and at the midnight cry, we'll be going home.
Chorus:  When Jesus steps out, on the cloud to call His children, the dead in Christ shall rise, to meet Him in the air, and then those that will remain, will be quickly changed, because at the midnight cry, we'll be going home!

No comments:

Post a Comment