Wednesday, July 22, 2015

2015 July 22 - Morning Manna

Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain. Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh. (James 5:7-8)

Today's Morsel:   As a pastor, one of the things about the church growth process, is you have to learn how to wait.  One of the trials for some ministers is having that patience to wait for the precious fruit of the earth.  Seeds don't grow over night.  There is a time and season to every purpose under heaven.  James said that the husbandman waits for the precious fruit of the earth, and has long patience for it, until he receives the early and latter rain.  Notice, he has to have long patience.  Ouch!  If a pastor isn't patient, he can lose heart and miss the crop.  So let me encourage you today, if you are a minister of the gospel or if you are sharing the Word with someone through study, stay the course, work your plan, and allow God to give the increase.

Sing:  I lean on You Lord, I lean on You Lord; for the things that I need, I lean on You. When I don't know just what to do, I've got the faith You're gonna see me through. You supply my every need and I lean on You.

Thought for Today: Be a good husbandman and wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment