Saturday, November 15, 2014

2014 November 15 - Morning Manna

And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive; I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan. Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.  He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death. (Revelation 2:8-11)

Today's Morsel:  I'm sure you have heard the slogan, "We have met the enemy and he is us."  The greatest challenge of every man is himself.  If we are not careful, we can become our own worst enemy.  Life and death are in the power of the tongue, Solomon said (Proverbs 18:20). We can defeat our own self if we think that we are losers. Jesus said that the devil is going to cast some of you into prison, that you may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.  Notice, he's going to do it to test you to see what you are made of.  Maybe there is something to what people are saying when they stand in church and say, "The devil has been trying to destroy me; the devil has been trying to steal my faith, steal my joy, steal my peace, and steal my family."  Maybe he is trying you through these things to see what you are made of.  Both gold and silver need to be tested and proved in the fire.  But Jesus said that we should just stay faithful and that He will give us a crown of life.  In other words, don't quit, and don't give in, and you can be victorious an over-comer.  

Sing:  Satan's like a roaring lion walking to and fro, seeking whom he may devour the Bible tells me so.  Many souls have been his prey to fall in some weak hour, but God has promised us today, His overcoming power.
Greater is he that is in me; Greater is he that is in me; Greater is he that is in me; Than he that is in the world.

Thought for Today: The greatest challenge of every man is himself (Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment