Thursday, November 6, 2014

2014 November 6 - Morning Manna

So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.
(Matthew 20:16).

Today's Morsel: When I joined the Army back in 1969, the Army's theme was, "If you are good enough to get in, you'll serve your country well.  If you are going enough to get in, you'll travel far and wide.  Oh, the future can be your's in the new action army, if you think you are good enough to get on the team, then a brighter future can be yours."  But the qualification was commitment.  You see, to do anything great requires commitment.  If we are not committed to God, His word, and the things of God, we will never be chosen.  In order for the last to be first and the first to be last, we must get ourselves out of the way  We must do away with the old man, so that the new man can take preeminence in our life.  Many are called, but few will commit to that calling.  If we never get to the point of nevertheless in our lives, we will never be committed to the things that God is asking of us to do.  Paul was committed to his calling.  He told the church at Corinth: "Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one. Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep; In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren; In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness. Beside those things that are without, that which cometh upon me daily, the care of all the churches" (2 Corinthians 11:24-28).  And he concluded, "But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God" (Acts 20:24).  The only way you will complete what God starts in you is through commitment.

Sing:  He chose me! He chose me! Out of all the people in this world. He chose me! He chose me! And He can use me, till He uses me up.

Thought for Today: Remove the "I" which represents you, from the word commitment and there is none.

No comments:

Post a Comment