Wednesday, November 26, 2014

2014 November 26 - Morning Manna

What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me? I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD. I will pay my vows unto the LORD now in the presence of all his people. (Psalms 116:12-14)

Today's Morsel:  If we would fulfill all our obligations, people would see who we really are.  Solomon said, "Better is it that thou shouldest not vow, than that thou shouldest vow and not pay" (Ecclesiastes 5:5).  We must fulfill our obligations.  If we say to Jesus that we will serve Him if He helps us, then we need to fulfill our vow.  The apostle Paul, lets us know that God always fulfills His vows.  He states,  "It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him: If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself"
(2 Timothy 2:11-13); "For when God made promise to Abraham, because he could swear by no greater, he sware by himself, Saying, Surely blessing I will bless thee, and multiplying I will multiply thee. And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise" (Hebrews 6:13-15).  The Bible also lets us know that God is not a man that He should lie.  "God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?" (Numbers 23:19).  The Psalmist said that he would take the cup of salvation and pay his vows to the Lord in the presence of all His people.  If you are looking to obtain eternal salvation, then you must pay your vows.

Sing:  He paid a debt He did not owe, I owed a debt I could not pay, I needed someone to wash my sins away, and now I sing a brand new song amazing grace, for Jesus paid a debt that I could never pay.

Thought for Today: How would you like to be Christ's cup bearer?

No comments:

Post a Comment