Monday, November 24, 2014

2014 November 24 - Morning Manna

Then cometh Jesus with them unto a place called Gethsemane, and saith unto the disciples, Sit ye here, while I go and pray yonder. (Matthew 26:36)

 Today's Morsel:  A man asked me if Jesus is God why did He need to pray.  I told him to give you an example. Jesus wanted to stress to us the importance of communication with Him.  Jesus was all about example setting.  Everything that He did was for our learning.  Even Paul told the church at Rome, "For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope"(Romans 15:4).  Jesus wanted us to have hope as well and so he instituted prayer.  Stop and think about how much better you fell when you pray.  Think about your outlook after you have prayed.  After they pray, most people will say, Thy will be done.  Jesus' example was the same.  He wanted to avoid the cup, but after praying for this, He said, "Nevertheless, not my will, but Thy will be done."   Prayer always changes our attitude.

Sing:  Hear my cry O' God, attend unto my prayer, from the ends of the earth will I cry unto to Thee.  And when my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to that Rock that is higher than I, so much higher than I.

Thought for Today:  Prayer still changes us.

No comments:

Post a Comment